How to Prepare Your Car for Trade In
By: Luke Shaff ~
Happy New Year! As we move into the New Year, you might be thinking…in with new, out with the old! This might mean for you trading in your car for something bigger and better! Here are a couple of tips on how to prepare and boost your car for trade in with a dealership!
1. Do your research and do not stick to one dealership – Know what your value and worth is for your car! One of the biggest mistakes you can make is going in and not knowing how much your car is worth and how to fight for what you think it is worth. Make sure to shop around at dealerships, do not go with the first dealership you speak to, as there might be better options!
2. Wash your car! – The more that you can do for the dealership before selling your car the better offer you will get for your car.
3. Detailing and vacuuming – This is the same thing as washing your car, and will help you to sell and or trade in your car to the dealership, because it is something, they do not have to pay for to resell your car!
4. Having maintenance records available – It is always a good idea to keep a log of all the maintenance that has been done to your car, and have them available when bringing your car to the dealership. This way, you are upfront about everything you have had done, and everything that might be wrong with the car. This will also help the dealership know that you have taken care of the care in the past. Your auto mechanic should have these records if you did not keep a copy of them!
5. Lastly, make sure you complete your trade in transaction separate than buying your new car. This keeps all transactions clean and there is history of both of them. Keep these records for the next time you go to buy another new car!
Treat yourself, and research what it might be to trade in your car for another car, or even a better model of the one you have! This is a great way to start the New Year and get the best value for your trade in!